Recipe by Bev
This Nestle Toll House recipe is exceedingly simple and oh so good!
Top Review by christina white
A little too rich for my taste, resembled a dense chocolate pudding. I would suggest folding in some beaten egg whites before chilling to lighten. I also added 1/8 tsp of almond extract. Overall, great chocolate taste and smooth texture.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) cannestle carnation fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) packagenestle toll house semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in medium saucepan; let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved; stir in sugar.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Continue stirring over medium heat until milk is steaming hot (do not boil).
- Pour into blender container; add morsels and vanilla extract.
- Cover; blend on low speed until smooth.
- Pour into small mixer bowl.
- Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds from a spoon.
- Beat on high speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and light in color.
- Spoon into serving dishes; chill until ready to serve.