Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These chocolate chips cookies taste great and have only about 1/2 the fat of the regular version.
Make and share this Sensibly Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 709.77 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 295.73 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 78.07 ml water
- 354.88 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 78.07 ml chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Cream brown sugar, granulated sugar, margarine and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
- Beat in egg whites.
- Gradually beat in dry ingredients alternately with water.
- Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until centers are set.
- Cool for 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
very good indeed for lower fat cookies. i halved the recipe. i used chopped toasted peanuts and the results were yummy. very chewy and the sweetness is just right with ONLY the brown sugar (for me anyway). thanks chris! posted a pic, by the way.
This recipe is great for a low fat cookie. My daughter loved them. I will continue to make these instead of the original chocolate chip cookies. Very easy to make.