Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Really, I just made this up a few days ago, and it resulted in one of the most amazing pies I've ever eaten. I usually am very critical and not completely happy with recipes I come up with on my own, but this one is truly a sensation!
- 2 unbaked pie crusts (I make my own, store-bought works great too)
- 4 cups strawberries, washed and sliced
- 2 cups raspberries, rinsed
- 1 cup blackberry, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange, zest of
- Preheat oven to 400. Combine the berries with a 1/4 cup of sugar and let stand over a sieve for a half hour to drain some of the liquid. Combine the rest of the ingredients minus the crust. Using a 9 inch pie plate, arrange your crust and spoon the filling inches Place the second crust over and crimp edges. Make sure to cut a vent into the dough or use a pie bird. You can also do a lattice top pie which is just gorgeous and is what I did.
- You can brush the top of the pie with a mix of one egg yolk and a teaspoon of water (which makes for a lovely golden brown crust).
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 and then bake at 350 for another 40-50 minutes. Remove when crust is golden brown.
I made this with a triple berry frozen blend plus I added strawberries. I made it for the 4th of July, and of course called it 4th berry pie. I used a frozen pie crust, and this came out amazing. This was the first pie I ever made!!!!!! Wonderful Will be making this again
I made this pie using the triple frozen berry mixture from Costco. What an amazing pie! The filling firmed up nicely and the flavor was wonderful. I'm a purist so I used my own pie dough. this recipe is definitely a keeper. Wouldn't change a thing.
This was a wonderful berry pie recipe. Simple and uncomplicated, and a nice balance of sweet and tart. I made my own crust used frozen raspberries and blackberries (No fresh available at the store) and fresh strawberries. I cut the blackberries down to one cup and increased the strawberries and raspberries because I didn't want it to be too tart. Would make again and definitely recommended. It smells divine!