Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This yeast bread has swiss cheese in it. It is adapted from About.com. Note: the preparation time does not include the rising time. This recipe should be started the day before serving.
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water. Add milk, sugar, salt, butter, eggs, and half of the flour.
- Using an electric mixer, beat for 10 minutes. Add remaining flour; blend in with a wooden spoon (or use a dough hook) until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 1 to 2 hours, or until doubled in bulk. Punch down. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch down dough; form a flattened ball. Knead in the cheese until pieces are well distributed throughout the dough. Shape into a round ball.
- Place in a buttered 8-inch pie plate. Let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake for about 30 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Loaf should sound hollow when rapped on the bottom. Brush with a little melted butter while still hot. Remove from pie pan and cool on a rack.
I used this recipe to make burger buns and they came out killer good with tasty cheese chunks. I did use the machine to do the mixing and kneading and that simplified the whole process. Great bread, great buns and great burgers!. Made for ZWT 7.
Nice flavor, not too strong. Made for ZWT7.