Recipe by Casinonut
Just tried this from the Summer 2008 Kraft Food & Family magazine I got in the mail last week, and it is SENSATIONAL! I served at a Memorial Day get-together and everyone loved it. Not to mention, it's really simple to make and not a lot of ingredients. It's really creamy and cool, which is just perfect for those hot summer Texas days! The only change I made was I used about 12 Oreos and 1-1/2 tbsp of melted butter for the crust as 8 just didn't seem like it would make much of a crust. It turned out great.
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (18 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 8 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil, extending a couple of inches of foil over the edge of the pan on all sides.
- Mash 2 cups of the strawberries in a large bowl.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice.
- Stir in 2 cups of whipped topping into the strawberry mixture.
- Pour strawberry mixture into the foil-lined loaf pan.
- Combine the chopped Oreos and the melted butter.
- Top the strawberry mixture with the Oreo/butter mixture and press into the strawberry mixture gently.
- Freeze the strawberry-cookie loaf for at least 6 hours or until firm.
- Remove strawberry-cookie loaf from the freezer and invert loaf pan onto a chilled platter.
- Peel the foil off of the loaf.
- Frost the loaf with the remaining 2 cups of whipped topping covering all sides and top of the loaf.
- Just before serving top the loaf with the remaining 2 cups of sliced strawberries and slice to serve.
- Store leftovers (if you have any!) covered in the freezer.