Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughters have been pestering me to teach them to cook so i am looking for easy recipes to start with.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 liters carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water. Place the strawberries and pineapple juice in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add to the gelatin mixture. Stir in concentrates and cold water. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving. For each serving, combine 1/2 cup slush mixture with 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda; stir well.