1/3 Photos of Sensational Simmered Leek Cabbage Mushroom Trio
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs leeks
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped into approx 1/2 inch squares
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (I like crimini)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth (I prefer it with the chicken) or 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (I prefer it with the chicken)
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1Carefully clean leeks; cut off the stemmy bottoms and the dark green leaves, so you end up with with white and light green parts only (dirt can get in between the leaves, so wash them out well).
- 2Cut leeks lengthwise in quarters, then into about 1/2-inch squares.
- 3Heat oil and butter in *large* heavy and wide saucepan or saute pan; add cleaned/cut leeks, cut cabbage, sliced mushrooms, salt, pepper, and stir over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 4Add broth (I usually add a bit of sherry, too) and bring to boil, cover and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring often, for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 5Raise heat to medium, uncover and let juices reduce to about half (be careful not to let burn).
- 6Taste and adjust seasoning, serve hot.
- 7Makes about 4-6 servings, depending on what you're using them for.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sensational Simmered Leek Cabbage Mushroom Trio
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 425.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 7.6 g