a spaghetti sauce you will enjoy, its unusual because you cook the sauce, then add spaghetti, and then bake it. I got this recipe from my aunt.
- In alarge skillet, melt butter and saute garlic until it is browned slightly.
- Cook spaghetti according to the package directions, and drain.
- Add spaghetti, parmesan cheese, cream, parsley flakes, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees until it is warm, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinklethe bacon over casserole.
Very good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written and we all enjoyed this.
An interesting & very satisfying way of preparing spaghetti, both in the preparing & in the devouring of it! Very, very rich for what we usually eat, but a very nice main dish for company, that's for sure! I did cut way back on the bacon (& used bacon bits), but followed breezermom's suggestion & stirred in 2 tablespoons into the spaghetti & then sprinkled a about the same amount over the top of the baked pasta! Yet another keeper of a recipe from a great source ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]
Made this for my lunch today and it is terrific!! It is like a combination of Alfredo and Carbonara. Very quick and easy to get together. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Stars Tag Game.