Prep 3 mins
Cook 8 mins
I came up with this in a moment of intense laziness and WOW! It's an incredible recipe that literally takes no more than ten minutes to make...including cooking time! How many chicken recipes can make that claim?? Ingredients aren't fancy and all you need is a bowl, spoon and some saran wrap! The chicken thighs come out SO moist and tender. My husband went nuts for this recipe...and I usually cook fancy stuff! Please...please review the recipe if you try it. Thank you!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 -3 dried chilies, depending on taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Mix soya sauce, chilis, cornstarch and white wine in a glass/pyrex microwave safe bowl.Make sure there are no more cornstarch lumps.
- Place washed chicken thighs in bowl and toss with sauce.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap and place in microwave on high for 6 minutes.
- Carefully remove bowl from microwave and carefully remove saran wrap. Baste chicken with sauce, then recover and microwave again for 4-6 minutes, depending on strength of microwave.
I'm very upset that I didn't think of this all on my own! How ingenious! How delicious! I used chicken breasts and wings, a huge hit with the entire family. I made sure there were no cornstarch lumps by heating the soy sauce in the microwave first and disolving the cornstarch in that before mixing in the rest of the ingredients. Fantastic, easy and yummy, thanks!
I wasn't sure what kind of dried chilies to use but I had some Thai Birds on hand, so I used those. We generally prefer a little stickier teriyaki but you just can't beat this recipe for a quick & easy main dish! I too dissolved the cornstarch in hot soy sauce before adding the rest of the ingredients. Thanks for sharing your creation, Eva! You've been adopted for Pick A Chef Spring 2010! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498
Wow, this was so good, much better than it reads. By that I mean that from the ingredient list you really don't expect much. I have told everyone I know about this easy, quick, and delicious recipe.