Recipe by evelyn/athens
I originally had this marinade posted with my Savoury Chicken #60844, but it is so good with all sorts of meats that I decided to repost on its own. Very easy to make up. Sensational flavour. You'll love it as much as I do.
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade ingredients in large bowl.
- Pour marinade over meat of choosing.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- If baking in the marinade, once meat is done, you can boil down the marinade till thick and syrupy and use as a sauce.
- If grilling, brush marinade over meat several times to provide maximum flavour and boil down remainder until syrupy and use as a sauce.