1/4 Photos of Sensational Lemon Meringue Pie - Suitable for Diabetics
A really nice zesty Lemon flavor with fluffy meringue topping - so better make two while you - or otherwise you wont have enough!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 180c (350f).
- 2Roll out and place pastry in a 6-7inch pie dish,.
- 3In a small non stick saucepan, blend the corn flour with the water adding the lemon zest and the juice from the lemons. slowly bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
- 4add 4 tablespoons of the splenda, removing from the heat, let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- 5Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Put the egg white to one side for the meringue and add the yolks to the lemon mixture and pour the mixture into the pastry shell.
- 6Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until set.
- 7While the base is cooking whisk the egg whites in a bowl until it forms peaks, add the remaining sweetener and whisk again to fold in well.
- 8Spread the meringue over the lemon filling and return to the oven for about 5 minutes or until the peaks of the meringue turn a lovely honey brown.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sensational Lemon Meringue Pie - Suitable for Diabetics
Serving Size: 1 (638 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.5
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 279.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: