Recipe by KS Farmwife
Is your garden exploding? This will help. Got this from an old employer of mine. It is tasty and very unusual.
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
Ole! Very nice spin on cucumber salad. I never would have thought to pair kidney beans and cucumbers. I added about 1 tablespoon of chopped jalapeno peppers to add a little extra heat. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 good size cucumbers, peeled, sliced bite size
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried drained, crumbled (6-7 pieces)
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium size bowl with tight lid, combine mayo, chili powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir well. Add all other ingredients except beans. Stir well. Stir in beans gently. This will last a couple of days and then get soggy. It is best an hour or so after making it.