Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Source: Hersheys website
Make and share this Sensational Cinnamon Chip Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) packagehershey's cinnamon baking chips (1 2/3 cups, divided)
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
WHITE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 1⁄4 cup hershey's premier white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until smooth (Dough will be stiff.)
- Using spoon or with hands, work 1 cup cinnamon chips and walnuts into dough.
- Divide dough into four equal parts.
- Shape each part into a log about 8 inches long.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet, at least 2 inches apart; flatten slightly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until logs are set and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; let cool on cookie sheet 30 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board.
- Using serrated knife and sawing motion, cut logs diagonally into 1/2-inch wide slices.
- Place slices close together, cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Return to oven; bake 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn each slice; bake an additional 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool slightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Melt remaining cinnamon chips with shortening; drizzle over each cookie.
- Place white chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 to 45 seconds or until smooth when stirred.
- Drizzle over each cookie.
I made these as Xmas gifts and gave just got some feedback now! GREAT and my friends want the recipe! Made with some cinnamon chips that YOU very kindly sent me, and I will be making these again for us now! Made for the Aussie/NZ recipe swap 35 and a wonderful recipe for Xas gifts Sarah! Merci! FT:-)
A GREAT BISCOTTI RECIPE, & that comes from someone who really enjoys biscotti! The only change I made was to use sliced almonds, even though I had a lot of walnuts on hand! Really enjoyed the taste of the cinnamon here, & the recipe is one I'll be making again! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the AUs/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]