Recipe by Vicki in CT
Perfectly sauteed chicken breasts topped with a cherry sauce served over crepes. Ooooh La La. For RSC.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Very, very nice chicken dish ~ So satisfying & we really liked the cherry sauce! As another reviewer said, there' s a lot of sauce, but then we thoroughly enjoyed it & topped a side of rice-&-peas with it! Thanks for sharing this wonderful keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
- 1 lb cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 crepes (prepared)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 3/4 cup cherries. In a blender, combine orange juice and remaining cherries; cover and process until smooth. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, garlic and ginger; set aside.
- Dip chicken in egg whites. Dredge in flour that has been combined with pepper, shaking off excess. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken on all sides in butter. Place chicken in a Pam sprayed 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (or if you skillet is oven proof can leave it in for easier clean up). Top with cherry sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes; turn chicken. Top with reserved cherries. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, heat crepes as directed on package. Place on crepe on each plate and top with one chicken breast and some cherry sauce.