Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
If you have trouble rolling sushi tight or need to make a lot at once, this is a great recipe. Substitute the filling with whatever you like.
- 1419.54 ml cooked and seasoned sushi rice (Minado's is very good, www.recipezaar.com/119373)
- 2 sheet nori
- 118.29 ml toasted sesame seeds or 118.29 ml black sesame seed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 709.77 ml crabmeat
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, slice thinly
- 1 cucumber
- soya sauce
- Spread plastic wrap over the buttom and sides of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle seasme seeds evenly over the buttom of the pan.
- Spoon half the rice over the sesame seeds. Dampen your hands with cold water and press the rice down into an even layer.
- Cover the rice layer with the nori sheets.
- Peel the avocado. Cut the avocado into thin strips and layer over top of the nori.
- Mix the crab, mayonnaise and green onion together. Spoon over the avocado layer and spread evenly.
- Peel the cucumber. Cut the cucumber lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Cut the cucumber into thin strips and layer over top of the crab meat.
- Spoon the rest of the rice over the cucumber layer. Dampen hands with cold water and press the rice down into an even layer.
- Cover the last layer with plastic wrap. Set another 9 x 13 inch pan on sushi and press down firmly.
- Put pan in the fridge for two hours.
- Take buttom layer of plastic wrap and invert pan on to a cutting surface.
- Using a VERY sharp knife, cut into 64 squares. Wipe your knife after each cut and dip into cold water before each cut.
- Arrange on a platter and serve with soya sauce and wasabi.
- Other Sushi Combination Ideas .
- Boston Rolls - Scallion, Crab, Salmon.
- Egg Salad Rolls - Hard-Cooked Eggs & Mayo, Green Onion Strips.
- Holiday Rolls - Cranberry Salsa, Turkey Strips, Cream Cheese Strips.
- New York Rolls - Sliced Apple, Sliced Avocado, Smoked Salmon.
- Pesto Rolls - Pesto, Turkey or Chicken Strips, Cream Cheese Strips.
- Philadelphia Rolls - Smoked Salmon (thin sliced), Cucumber, cut into strips, Cream Cheese, cut in long, thin strips.
- Smoked Salmon Rolls - Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese Strips, Cucumber Strips.
- Summer Melon Rolls - Prosciutto, Melon Strips.
- Shrimp Rolls - Shrimp, Cream Cheese Strips.
- Texas Rolls - Sliced cooked beef, Cucumber, cut into strips, Spinach Leaves.
- Tuna Salad Rolls - Tuna Salad, Lettuce Leaves.
- Veggie Rolls - Pesto, Cucumber Strips, Tomato Strips, Mushroom Strips.
- Veggie Rolls II - Mushrooms Strips, Egg, scrambled, Scallions or Roasted Sweet Peppers.