Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has got to be the easiest and yummiest Beef Stroganoff I have ever made. Not sure where I found it, but has been in my collection for years. Very easy to double.
- 1 lb boneless top round steak (other steak works well)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- hot cooked noodles, such as broad noodles
- Slice beef across grain into strips.
- Cook beef until browned; set aside.
- Cook onions until soft.
- Add soup, paprika,and a little milk (1/4 cup to start).
- Add beef; mix together adding a little more milk if too thick, Heat through.
- Add sour cream, stir to mix.
- Serve over hot noodles.
This is my families favorite beef Stroganoff. I have this similar recipe in my Campbell's cookbook. I like to add in mushrooms and garlic powder for a little something extra.
Very easy and so good. I used light sour cream and a reduced fat soup and they worked fine. I used a bit more onion (to use it up) and simmered the beef mixture (step 5) on a very low heat for 20 minutes or so to tenderize the meat. Thanks, Carmen.