Recipe by Kat's Mom
No one has to know the secret ingredient is sauerkraut juice - just let 'em guess! Another gem found on www.ilovepickles.com in my quest to find ways to use flavorful juices I used to just throw away.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sauerkraut juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender but not brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer 10 minutes.
- Baste grilled meats with sauce during last 10 minutes of cooking time (bring sauce to a boil after basting if planning to use as a dipping sauce at the table).