Recipe by Lady of shallot
This is a raver at our house. It's my mother's recipe and she is a dream of a cook. This recipe is so versatile. Spoon it over enchiladas, rice or tortilla chips. It makes a great hot dip for potlucks too. And it's so easy!
Top Review by Kyles The Aussie
Absolutely superb! My compliments to your mother, Lady of shallot. This recipe got the thumbs up from all 6 eaters in our family(a very hard thing to achieve). I'm going to try low-sodium soups, and another form of garlic next time - just to lessen the amount of salt, otherwise this is fantastic!
- 2 cooked chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter
- onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- grated cheese (I like the pre-shredded Mexican mix)