Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a raver at our house. It's my mother's recipe and she is a dream of a cook. This recipe is so versatile. Spoon it over enchiladas, rice or tortilla chips. It makes a great hot dip for potlucks too. And it's so easy!
- 2 cooked chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter
- onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- grated cheese (I like the pre-shredded Mexican mix)
- Mix all.
- Simmer with lid on, on low 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and again at presentation.
Absolutely superb! My compliments to your mother, Lady of shallot. This recipe got the thumbs up from all 6 eaters in our family(a very hard thing to achieve). I'm going to try low-sodium soups, and another form of garlic next time - just to lessen the amount of salt, otherwise this is fantastic!
Really good recipe!Just right as is, didnt't change a thing.Thanks!Peggy in TX