Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is posted by request. I found it on the net-the original poster is "bobo3039"
- 2 medium chicken breasts, grilled and sliced thin
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 3⁄4 cup cheese sauce
- 1⁄3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock, paste
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (at least)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl combine the pasta and cheese sauce.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Place chicken then beans on top of cheesy pasta.
- Sprinkle with the diced tomatoes and green onions.
- Cheese Sauce Directions Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Sauté until onion is transparent.
- Stir in flour to make a roux and cook for 5 minutes stirring often.
- Mix the hot water, chicken stock and half and half.
- Add mixture slowly to roux, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste, sugar, hot sauce, lemon juice, cayenne and parmesan cheese.
- Stir to blend.
- Do NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
- Add the Velveeta to sauce and stir until melted.
- Add salsa and sour cream to sauce and blend.
- Makes 5 cups.