Recipe by sweetcakes
This recipe is from a popular restaurant in California. When I made these I felt that there was way too much enchilada sauce and would half that next time. I also forgot to add the salt and msg in the filling and thought it was plenty salty enough without.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 lb white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup crushed tostadas
- 2 tablespoons chopped stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 12 corn tortillas
Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup snipped spinach leaves
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can Ortega green chilies
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cheese Enchiladas:.
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- Add cheeses, tostadas, olives, chilies, and seasonings.
- Fry tortillas in oil until soft and pliable but not crisp, drain.
- Center cheese filling in each tortilla and roll.
- Place in greased shallow baking dish, seam side down.
- Add Green Enchilada Sauce.
- Green Enchilada Sauce:.
- Combine chicken broth and spinach in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan.
- Blend cream of mushroom soup, chilies, onion, and garlic until smooth; add to spinach mixture.
- Stir in MSG and salt.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Thicken sauce with flour mixed with a little water.
- Pour over cheese Enchiladas.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 20 minutes.
- Top with sour cream before serving.