1/3 Photos of Senor Pico's Baked Chile Rellenos
Miss Annie's Note:
From the Senior Pico restaurant in Los Angeles. These rellenos BAKE instead of fry, and are super! The fresh peppers are worth the extra effort, but canned are acceptable. See the database for Senor's Pico's Picante Sauce. The prep time is figured for canned chiles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the chiles and discard the seeds.
- 2Insert 1 strip of Jack and 1 strip Cheddar cheese in each chile, cutting a slit in one side of the chiles.
- 3Dust the chiles with flour.
- 4Beat egg whites until stiff.
- 5Beat egg yolks and fold into whites.
- 6Add melted butter (should not be hot) to the egg mixture.
- 7Grease generously a 8x8 baking dish.
- 8Pour a thick coating of batter on bottom of dish.
- 9Place chiles on top of batter, and spoon remaining batter over chiles.
- 10Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- 11Top with Picante sauce.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Senor Pico's Baked Chile Rellenos
Serving Size: 1 (1063 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.4
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 322.6 mg
- Sodium 489.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 23.1 g