Recipe by Bryan's SweetPea
Like Chicken Kiev, Spanish Style Yummy!
Top Review by Satyne
I quite enjoyed this and my partner loved it. I've submitted some corrections to the recipe based on following the instructions. I did find that the sauce was a little bit bland. I think that it needs just one more thing added, however I'm not sure what. We served up on rice as suggested, along with steamed artichokes to dip in the sauce.<br/><br/>Thanks for a nice dinner.
- 32 ounces boneless chicken breasts, skinned and halved
- 4 ounces whole green chilies
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt, approx
- 1⁄2 cup flour, approx
- 1 egg, beaten, approx
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 cup canola oil, approx
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken skin side down between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with the side of a meat cleaver until thin.
- Cut 4 green chilis in half and place a half on each piece of chicken.
- Cut cheese into 8 sticks about 1/2 x 1 x 1/2 and place on chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and roll up to completely roll up to enclose cheese and chilis.
- Roll in flour.
- Then dip in egg.
- Roll in bread crumbs.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Heat 1/2" oil to 375 degrees in a large skillet.
- Brown evenly, removing chicken from the pan when cooked.
- Pour off oil and then add back in 3 T.
- Blend in 1/4 cup flour, add milk and cook, stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Add pimientos, parsely, and garlic.
- Spoon over chicken and serve over rice.