Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Beth Hensperger; dense and nutty
1 1/2 lb loaf
- 295.73 ml water
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml molasses
- 2 large egg yolks
- 354.88 ml bread flour
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml medium rye flour or 118.29 ml dark rye flour
- 44.37 ml rolled oats
- 44.37 ml yellow cornmeal
- 44.37 ml toasted wheat germ
- 118.29 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 22.18 ml gluten
- 7.39 ml salt
- 12.32 ml fast rising yeast (or 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast)
- Place all the ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Set crust on dark and program for the Whole Wheat cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.