Recipe by Abby Girl
I am a big fan of Ted Reader and had to try his spicy mushrooms. They compliment a steak like no other. The Bone Dust BBQ Spice recipe can be found on #50639. They are well worth the effort!
Top Review by Kat's Mom
Abby Girl, these were very easy to prepare and excellent. I wound up eating all my mushrooms before touching the rest of my dinner. Thanks also for introducing me to the Bone Dust BBQ Spice. Appreciate for the caution about cooking for only 8 minutes - for once I didn't overcook my mushrooms!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb fresh large mushroom, quartered
- 3 garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons barbecue spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Important step: Heat a large frying pan over high heat for 5 minutes. Add the oil and heat until it starts to smoke.
- Add the mushrooms; saute for 4 - 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the BBQ spice and season to taste with salt.
- Caution: Don't cook the mushrooms more than 8 minutes or the liquids will start to release and the rub will be watered down.