Recipe by Mo-B
This is adapted from a weight watchers recipe in the New Complete Cookbook. I added smoked turkey, because I used to get a similar soup in a little bookstore cafe in Bellingham, Washington. This soup reminds me of that yummy soup!
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml peanut butter
- 4.92 ml peanut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 inch minced gingerroot
- 7.39 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 411.06 g diced tomatoes (can)
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- chopped cilantro
- 226.79 g smoked turkey breast, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree chickpeas, 1/2 cup of broth, and peanut butter.
- Heat peanut oil in saucepan, saute onions and ginger root 7- 8 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and cumin, saute another minute.
- Add remaining broth, tomatoes, and chickpea puree.
- Stir in smoked turkey breast.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Season with cayenne and sprinkle with cilantro.