Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is adapted from a weight watchers recipe in the New Complete Cookbook. I added smoked turkey, because I used to get a similar soup in a little bookstore cafe in Bellingham, Washington. This soup reminds me of that yummy soup!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 inch minced gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes (can)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 lb smoked turkey breast, cubed
- Puree chickpeas, 1/2 cup of broth, and peanut butter.
- Heat peanut oil in saucepan, saute onions and ginger root 7- 8 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and cumin, saute another minute.
- Add remaining broth, tomatoes, and chickpea puree.
- Stir in smoked turkey breast.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Season with cayenne and sprinkle with cilantro.