Recipe by dicentra
From Cooking Light. ZWT3. I had to look up where Senegal is!! It is in far western Africa.
- 6 cups onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 4 skinless chicken leg quarters (about 2 pounds)
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, pierced with a fork
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients; divide evenly between 2 (1-gallon) heavy-duty zip-top plastic bags.
- Divide chicken evenly between bags; seal bags. Toss each bag well to coat. Refrigerate 3 hours, turning bags occasionally.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken from bags, reserving marinade.
- Place chicken on broiler rack coated with cooking spray; broil 6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Strain marinade through a colander over a bowl, reserving marinade and onion.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add reserved marinade; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute; add chicken, carrot, broth, olives, water, mustard, and Scotch bonnet pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until chicken is done. Discard Scotch bonnet. Serve over rice.