1/2 Photos of Senegalese (African) Peanut Soup
1 hr 30 mins
susie cooks's Note:
This recipe sound delicious! It is from Emeril Lagasse and his recipes always turn out great! Posted for ZWT 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 59.16 ml peanut oil
- 12 roma tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml curry powder
- 473.18 ml thinly sliced yellow onions
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 9.85 ml cayenne pepper
- 473.18 ml smooth peanut butter
- 1892.0 ml chicken broth
- 283.49 g unsweetened coconut milk
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Lightly coat sweet potatoes with one tablespoon of the oil.
- 3Place on baking sheet and roast until fork tender, turning once, 35-45 minutes.
- 4Toss the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil and spread in 1 layer on a baking sheet. Lightly season with salt and pepper and bake until shriveled, about 20 minutes.
- 5Peel the potatoes when they are cool enough to handle.
- 6Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a small stockpot over medium-high heat.
- 7Add curry powder and toast until aromatic, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- 8Add the onions and cook until soft.
- 9Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- 10Season with cayenne, then add the peanut butter and stir well.
- 11Add tomatoes, potatoes, chicken stock, and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- 12Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 13Remove from heat and puree in batches in a blender.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Senegalese (African) Peanut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (4161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2467.7
- Calories from Fat 1754
- Total Fat 194.9 g
- Saturated Fat 60.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5453.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.3 g
- Sugars 49.0 g
- Protein 95.7 g