Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is an Iftar special from the City Times. Very delicious!
Top Review by love4culinary
DELICIOUS!!! We absolutely loved this porridge. I enjoyed it for the first time, and fiance said it brought back memories of home... He loved it! I cant wait to make this again :) Thanks!!!! I didnt have jaggery, so I had to sub natural sugar (turbinado sugar). Everything else I did exactly as stated. I also decided to add a tablespoon of raisins as well :) thanks for the recipe... LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! :)))
- 25 g semolina
- 250 g jaggery
- thick coconut milk, from 1 coconut
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 5 dates, cut into small pieces and soaked in water
- 10 cashews, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Take half of the milk and add all the ingredients to it, except the semolina and cook well.
- When it starts boiling, add the semolina to it and continue to cook.
- When the semolina gets cooked, add the rest of the milk.
- Cook for 7-10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.