Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't know what to do with that Semolina. Here is a simple recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup semolina
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- canola oil
- cinnamon (if you want)
- Warm a pan with standing oil over as high a heat you can without burning oil.
- In bowl mix well (a fork works) Semolina, eggs, water, honey, baking soda and cinnamon in bowl. It will be pretty liquid. Don't fear, Semolina thickens as it cooks.
- Pour small amount for small cakes or large amounts for large cakes.
- Once you can get your spatula under the cake without crumbling then it is safe to flip.
Really great results - I added cane sugar with the honey because I love the smell and I don't like cinnamon so I avoided that... These are the best pancakes ever :)
Just as in the other review, did not taste the honey at all. Pancake is quite dense - semolina does gives it a nice taste. Will make again using a little more honey and a little vanilla.
This recipe is great! I didn't have baking soda at hand, so I used baking powder instead.<br/>The cinnamon gave it an amazing taste. I topped them with ground walnuts and honey. Lovely!