Recipe by Bea
This Soup is easy to make, my kids love it. Take any broth or soup, as long as the dumplings swim in liquid.
Top Review by Dexter&Liz
Great for kids (and parents) even though it does take some time to prepare. I have added all sorts of vegies to this, but my favourite is just with chicken broth, sauteed onion and celery. My son LOVES it. I couldn't even tell you how many times I have made it. My advice to sloppy measurers though is to make sure you add plenty of butter or they will be hard, too much better will just make the dumplings break up into smaller pieces - but it makes the broth taste better anyway!
- 30 g butter or 30 g margarine
- 1 egg
- 60 g semolina
- 1 teaspoon parsley, freshly chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 4 cups beef broth or 4 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, add semolina, egg and seasonings.
- Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Bring stock to a boil, reduce heat to medium.
- Roll the dough in small balls and drop them into the stock.
- The dumplings will sink to the bottom of the pot, to make them resurface, just stir carefully.
- Let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.