1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a wonderful cake which is a dying recipe. Why dying cos...it's a eurasian recipe...a cross between a almond and a butter cake. But because it is such a well kept secret....the recipe is dying cos so few people have it now. Try it.., it's quite dense though i must warn ya. Eurasians are a race people in asia call Kids of european and asian decent. Usually made for eurasian weddings. :)
My Private Note
9inch c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together semolina, flour, chopped crystallised melon (optional), orange peel and mixed spices.
- 2Whip egg yolks with half the sugar till light and fluffy.
- 3Cream butter with the rest of the sugar together with vanilla flavour.
- 4Fold in the creamed egg yolk mixture.
- 5Add the mixed dry ingredients and brandy.
- 6Stir lightly till well mixed.
- 7Turn batter into a lined and greased 9 inch cake tin.
- 8Bake in a preheated oven at 175ºC for one hour to 60 minutes until golden in colour.
- 9You can also test if it is done by inserting a skewer into the cake.
- 10It's done when the stick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Semolina Cake (Eurasian Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (1308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6216.1
- Calories from Fat 3709
- Total Fat 412.1 g
- Saturated Fat 206.1 g
- Cholesterol 3580.0 mg
- Sodium 2541.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 532.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.9 g
- Sugars 283.0 g
- Protein 104.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied orange peel