Prep 7 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From "The Bread Machine Cookbook II" by Donna Rathmell German. This is the only bread my children will let me make. I've only given a 1 1/2 pound loaf recipe because the bread raises quite high.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 3 cups flour (can use bread flour)
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Place the above ingredients into your bread machine pan in order given.
- Set machine to make a 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- Take out of machine as soon as it is done.
This was ok .. I had to add 3 extra tbsp of water because the dough was too dry ..
I was asked what this bread is best served with. I have found that this bread makes excellent sandwiches of any kind. Everything from peanut butter to meat sandwiches. It is also great to use as a base for garlic toast for spaghtetti meals.
I have the book with this recipe and I have been making it for years. I like the texture. Great with pasta. I usually use the dough cycle and bake it in my oven. Spray the oven inside with water for a crispy crust.