Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from a Knorr bouillon box. It is very simple but it taste great. My daughter loves it. Perfect when she gets back from skiing all day and she is purple from the cold.
- 4 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons semolina (Malt-o-meal)
- 1 cup butternut squash, shredded
- 4 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces Fontina cheese, cubed
- Bring the water and chicken bouillons to a boil in a large stockpot.
- Add leeks and carrot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle semolina while constantly stirring and cook for one minute.
- Finally add butternut squash and cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve on 4 individual bowls; add cubed cheese on the center of each bowl and sprinkle with parsley.