Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 4 cups semolina
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2 cups mango pulp
- 1⁄2 cup khoya (reduced milk)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 1⁄4 cup nuts (, chopped (cashewnuts,almonds,pistachios)
- milk (to make dough)
- Combine sugar, semolina, coconut, mango pulp, salt and khoya, and mix thoroughly.
- Add milk to make dough of pouring consistency.
- Keep aside for 4 hrs.
- Add nuts and cardamom to dough.
- Heat Appam containers (a griddle with circular depressions) on medium flame.
- Pour 1 tspn of ghee in each mould, and then fill with batter.
- Cover, and after 5 minutes of shallow frying, turn each cake and cook till done.
- Serve hot.