Recipe by youngchef411
a creamy multipurpose frosting, no raw eggs, and can be varied and it is very versitile. you can add fruit, chocolate, nuts to put your own spin on it. you can even use different flavors of cream cheese, and add food coloring to make it kid-friendly. this recipe is a winner
- 1 lb softened cream cheese (recommended Philadelphia plain Whipped cream cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter (unsalted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add the sugar in small amounts on low speed, and beat until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and mix until very light and fluffy.
- For best results garnish with toasted nuts or fruit.