Recipe by Vicki in AZ
I am trying to duplicate a semi freddo I had in a local restaurant. So far, this is as close as I have gotten and it is really a very good light dessert - much like a sophisticated soft frozen custard.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 ounces sugar
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 4 egg whites, beaten stiff
- 1 cup finely chopped strawberry
- 1 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped Toblerone chocolate bar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs whites.
- Whip cream.
- Whip egg yolks with sugar until creamy.
- Whip honey and cognac into the yolks.
- Stir in fruit, nuts, candy until evenly distributed.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into loaf pan lined with saran and freeze.
- Slice and serve with chocolate sauce or more berries.