Recipe by katie in the UP
Thanks to a wonderful swap partner, I have this great recipe (Lauralie41) It came in a Christmas book...but I can totally picture this dessert with summer fruit in the middle of the mold....Times are estimated and do not include freezer time.
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto or 1⁄4 cup kirsch
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup shortbread cookie, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Andes mint parfait thins, chopped
- fresh fruit (to garnish)
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine cherries, liqueur and honey. Bring to simmering.
- Remove from heat. Let stand until mixture reaches room temperature.
- Meanwhile, coat 9 inch diameter 6 1/2 cup ring mold with nonstick veggie spray. Line mold with plastic wrap, smoothing out wrinkles.
- In large bowl, stir together cream, sugar and spices. Beat mixture until soft peaks form. Fold in cookies, candy and cherry mixture until blended. Scrape into mold. Freeze for 6 hours or until firm. It can be kept in freezer for up to 3 weeks! (sounds perfect for do ahead desserts!).
- To serve, remove mold from freezer; invert onto serving platter. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently tap plate and mold on countertop; slide mold from semifreddo, and remove plastic wrap. Smooth semifreddo with spatula. Garnish with fresh cherries, raspberries, strawberries and mint leaves.