Recipe by Blue Bustard
Chocolate syrup for the masses can be purchased economically in the grocery stores. Skip this recipe if you are unwilling to follow directions....
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder (Scharffen Berger natural is good, don't use "Dutched")
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua (not optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sugars and cocao and salt, stirring until blended.
- Gradually stir in cream and stir until smooth - three or four minutes.
- Set aside to cool. When cooled to room temperature, add Kahlua and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Refrigerate for one day before use.