Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This topping/side dish is basically sautéed veggies with a creamy sauce, nuts and raisins. Great on rice, with meat, or just by themselves for a snack. I use the kind of oil that is sold at the little fruit stands. Its a Russian Sunflower oil with Vitamin E not extracted. It gives the best flavors. You can substitute with olive or regular vegetable oil.
- 3 celery ribs
- 3 carrots
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons oil (Read above)
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- cashews (to sprinkle)
- Suggested shopping instructions: Carrots: Chop into 1/2 centimeter round slices. Onion: Chop into large quartered rings. Celery Sticks: Chop into large angled pieces. Green Pepper: Chop same as onions.
- Sauté veggies in oil on med/high. Do not overcook. Veggies should still be al'dente.
- Mix cornstarch into the cold chicken bouillon. (The other option is to use bouillon cubes. Dissolve 1 bouillon cube in the sauté pan with 1/2 cup water and simmer. Dissolve cornstarch in the other 1/2 cup COLD water. Then add to the sauté pan).
- Add raisins and stir.
- Turn off heat. Plate veggies and top with plenty of cashews.