Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chutney is a fruit relish goes great w/fish!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup green seedless grape, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup seedless mandarin orange sections or 1⁄2 cup orange section
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sautee onions until tender for 4-5 minutes.
- Add Sherry and vegetable broth, simmer until liquid is reduced to 1-2 tablespoons.
- Add grapes, oranges, ginger, vinegar, mustard seeds, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste, serve over pork or halibut.