Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are by far the best chocolate chip cookies I have EVER eaten. I dont know where this recipe came from, but it's definitely a keeper! Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (more if you LOVE chocolate)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter, sugars and eggs until smooth.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda together in a separate bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients, and lastly stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Form into small balls with hands and Bake on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper for 8-10 minutes or until VERY light golden, they should almost look un-cooked (This keeps them soft in the middle).
- Store in a tupperware box to keep them chewy.
These a the best cookies ever!
I really think that these cookies lived up to the write-up by Little Italy. My family was delighted! The oatmeal really added some wonderful texture without having it too heavy. These are now our newest favourite. Thanks so much for posting this terrific and easy recipe.