Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This a great new take on any chicken breast dish you've ever tasted before. The oatmeal makes the chicken have a almost a fried effect, but in reality, it's not fried at all! It's actually really healthy. I don't remeber where I found this reipe, but I'm glad I did. I made a few changes. Hope you enjoy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about one lb total)
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant oatmeal (Old fashioned will work just fine as well)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 egg, lighlty beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a flat dish, stir the oil, butter, chilli powder, garlic powder and salt. Add oats, stirring until they are moistened.
- In another shallow dish, beat the egg and tablespoon of water until well combined.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then into the oats, coating evenly on both sides. Repeat with other chicken breats.
- Place onto foiled baking sheet.
- Place any extra oat mixture ontop of breats.
- Bake for 30 minutes.