Recipe by Alyx
I had some leftover pumpkin from when I made pumpkin bread and wasn't really sure what to do with it. I raided my cupboards and this is what I came up with. I thought it was pretty darn tasty, and it stayed moist. As far as icing or topping the cake, I used leftover streusel I had in the freezer, but feel free to use your imagination. I think it'd be great with a cream cheese frosting.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Prepare cake as directed on box.
- Add Pumpkin, blend until evenly distributed.
- Add Pumpkin Pie Spice and Vanilla, again blend until evenly distributed.
- Pour into 13x9 or two 8" round pan(s).
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.