Recipe by Theresa in Chi-town
I have been making this sauce since I was a CHILD. My mother used to make a similar version and I would experiment until I came up with my own version. Again nothing spectacular, but I have to say it's the best sauce I have ever tasted!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (not fresh, but from a container, like Kraft brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown Beef in an extra large sauce pan.
- When cooked throughly (do not drain unless there is excessive oil, other than that you need the beef oil for flavor)Put in 2 cans of sauce.
- Add all the spices and parmesan cheese. Bring to just a slight boil, lower heat and cover. Simmer for just 5 more minutes.
- Serve over your favorite pasta. You might need to add more salt to taste.