Recipe by tabasco0697
This slow cooker spaghetti sauce starts with jarred sauce but becomes so much more with a few additions. It is so good with some garlic bread and a lettuce and tomato salad with a simple vinaigrette
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 26 ounces garlic tomato and basil pasta sauce (we prefer Glen Muir)
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic clove, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- finely dice green, yellow and red bell peppers and onions real small.
- heat oil in large deep pan at medium high heat until hot.
- add the diced vegetables and half the minced garlic, half the salt and half the pepper.
- cook the vegetable mixture stirring constantly (like stir-fry) until slightly softened.
- add the ground chuck to the pan with the vegetable mixture and brown until no longer pink.
- drain and put in the bottom of the slow cooker and turn on low.
- in a small mixing bowl add sauce, shredded Parmesan cheese (shredded works better than grated for this recipe), basil, oregano, the rest of the minced garlic, salt and pepper and mix well.
- pour sauce mixture over the meat mixture in the slow cooker and mix both the meat and sauce mixtures together well.
- cook on low 4-6 hours.
- use over the pasta of your choice but we prefer spaghetti or fettuccine use a heavy pasta.