Recipe by Joseph Johnson
A relatively inexpensive and quick burrito recipe I "invented" on a whim. I had never made burritos before and decided to wing it. Now I make these regularly and my friends love them! If you can find flavored tortillas, give those a try! And feel free to use spicy re-fried beans for variation.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small white onion
- 8 tortillas
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 15 ounces hormel chili
- 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (Taco Bell works well)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Dice the onion and sweat in skillet for a few minutes, but not until transparent.
- Add ground beef and brown.
- When browned, add taco seasoning and prepare as directed.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spoon re-fried beans (about 2 tbsp) onto each tortilla, followed by an equal amount of the taco meat and roll into burritos.
- Spray inside of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Arrange burritos tightly into the dish.
- Pour the chili over the surface of the burritos.
- Spread the cheese evenly over the surface and place onto the top rack in the oven.
- Bake on 350 for 25 to 35 minutes, or until hot throughout.