Recipe by GlamAtomic
I made this quick, easy, 'semi home-made' style recipe up using products I had on hand- and it turned out wonderfully! It is definitely not 'authentic' at all, but tastes great and is super simple to make! I used pepper jack cheese because I like my foods to have a bit of spice, but you can use your family's favorite cheese for this recipe. I also used Farfalle Pasta as it is what I had on hand, but any variety of Pasta would do!
- 12 ounces fully cooked chicken breasts, cutlets- homestyle breaded
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 16 ounces pasta or 16 ounces spaghetti
- 26 ounces marinara sauce
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- parmesan cheese
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 425 F or as directed by Fully Cooked Chicken Breast Cutlets directions.
- On a baking tray, arrange Chicken Breast Cutlets.
- Drizzle Chicken Breast Cutlets with Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle each with Italian Style Breadcrumbs, reserving half the Breadcrumbs for later.
- Bake Chicken Breast Cutlets for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.
- Remove Chicken Breast Cutlets from oven, place a slice of Pepperjack Cheese on each.
- Return Chicken to oven for additional 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, cook the Pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat Marinara Pasta Sauce in skillet.
- When Pasta has finished cooking, drain and serve onto 4 plates.
- Place 1 Chicken Breast Cutlet onto each plate, on top of pasta.
- Sprinkle each Chicken Breast with remaining Italian Style Breadcrumbs, to taste.
- Spoon heated Marinara Sauce over each serving.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Garnish with Parsley if desired.