Recipe by Adam K.
This is a simple spaghetti sauce made with ground turkey (low fat and delicious)it makes a lot and we always freeze the left overs
Top Review by Queen of Everything
This was awesome! I made it for a houseful of family and friends and every last person cleaned their plates. It does make A LOT of sauce, so you'll have plenty for leftovers (which were even better the next day) as well as the freezer. I'm planning on using some of the leftovers for lasagna, soon.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage
- f turkey meatballs (Fully Cooked)
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 2 (4 ounce) cansof sliced button mushrooms
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced Italian-style tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans Italian-style tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (32 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, of your choice (I use Prego)
- spaghetti sauce mix (in the gravy aisle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown turkey and turkey sausage in a large skillet and drain,then season the meat how ever you see fit.(I do this step last. I don't know why but it works) I use seasoned salt,garlic powder,and pepper (Eyeball it). Quarter the meat balls (or you can put em in whole) and put em in with all of the other ingredients in a large pot, add meat and stir if it's to thick add some water to cut it some (but not too much) (eyeball it) or cut it with fat free beef, chicken, or turkey stock. simmer on low for 2hrs. making sure it doesn't stick ( it will try!) serve over your favorite pasta,and enjoy a healthy alternative to your average run of the mill spaghetti sauce :).