Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easy way to make your own dried tomatoes. You can experiment with other spices, if you want. These will need to refrigerate for 24 hours before using, so plan accordingly. Semi-Dried Tomatoes should be used within 3-4 days.
- Preheat the oven to 315F degrees.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, lengthwise. Lay them skin side down on a wire rack in a baking pan.
- Sprinkle with salt (if using), pepper, and thyme.
- Cook in the oven for 2 1/2 hours, checking occasionaly to make sure the tomatoes don't burn.
- Toss the tomatoes in the olive oil and leave to cool before packing into sterilized jars and sealing.
- Store in the refrigerator for 24 hours before using.
- NOTE: To sterilize a storage jar, rinse it with boiling water and then place it in a warm oven until it's completely dry (don't dry it with a towel).